How to update
Viveport Desktop on your PC will automatically prompt you when updates are available. To manually check for updates, use the button in the “settings” tab in Viveport Desktop. You can also download the latest Viveport Desktop package here.
VIVEPORT Desktop, 220.127.116.11¶
- Adjusted default filter from “All” to “Downloaded” for better user experience.
- Removed expired and non-downloaded content from “Subscribed” filter.
- Removed redundant OpenVR contents from user Library.
- Improved VIVEPORT Desktop login process.
- Enhanced VIVEPORT Desktop download mechanism.
VIVEPORT Dashboard, 18.104.22.168¶
- Enable age verification for 17+ content.
VIVEPORT VR, 22.214.171.1243¶
- Enable age verification for 17+ content.
- Add “VR Pro Tools” in genre filter.
- Add “Device Optimization” field in content detail page.
- Enable localization for French, German, Japanese, Korean, and Russian.
- Enhanced VIVEPORT uninstall mechanism.
- Changed Shortcut name to VIVEPORT.
- Error handling improvement: Pop up warning message when user’s Download path is under FAT32.
- Improved stability based on top support tickets and crash reports after launching VIVEPORT VR.
- Optimized VIVE Software uninstall mechanism.
- Error handling improvement: Pop up warning message when user’s Download path is too long to download successfully.
- Improved DRM for content compatibility.
- Updated VC runtime process to improve VIVE Software stability and compatibility.
- VIVEPORT VR: Overhauls platform with interactive content catalog, announced formally.
- Improved VIVE updater mechanism when Windows suspends and resumes updates.
- Improved Library mechanism and performance.
- Improved user interface for search bar and improved the navigation experience between tabs.
- Improved Vive software download error handling.
- Improved font consistency; Download available => “Not on PC”
- Added search icon for users to search Viveport applications.
- Adjusted Viveport icons and tabs, and added hover effect on display photo.
- Added Download wizard for users to select download path according to their disk space.
- Optimized logic for connecting your mobile phone with Vive.
- Added local notification if disk space is lower than 5% at launch.
- Added status on filter:
- Number of contents downloading
- Number of contents available for download
- Number of contents available for update
- Number of total contents
- Number of contents subscribed
- Number of contents downloaded
- Added shopping cart, payment method, and order history in Viveport desktop.
- Adjusted Viveport account token mechanism to reduce unnecessary re-sign in.
- Fixed an unintentional issue where error may show at content detail page.
- Fixed a bug when unsupported countries were selected by users.
- Fixed an unintentional issue where applications were necessary to update before deleting.
- Change of strings in Library: Install becomes download, uninstall becomes delete.
- Remove Install Available Filter.
- Applied 50% dim to download available contents.
- Filter “Install available” change to “Ready to download”.
- Adjusted login page strings in default browser.
- Fixed an issue when Subscription tab is selected, the software highlights Viveport tab.
- Added search bar in Vive desktop library
- Added hero banner in Viveport front page, for promotion and featured contents
- Adjusted library filter mechanism to enhance usability
- Fixed a DRM bug that may lead to content launch fail
- Added shopping cart support(CN)
- Enhanced Vive Desktop window dragging utility
- Adjusted application launch mechanism to reduce multiple startup error
- Diagnose tool improvement
- Adjusted auto-download mechanism after updating Viveport Desktop
- Refined Library GUI to enhance usability
- Improved font consistency and size
- Adjusted Viveport Desktop activation alignment with SteamVR
- Improved downloading reliability in challenging network environments
- Added “Downloading” display filter in Library
- Improve usability of the global navigation bar and hover effect
- Improve Library usability and performance by adding simplification, sorting and filtering functionality
- Update Smart Object Rotation to support all angles in 3D viewer
- Update issue reporting flow in the diagnostic tool
- Compatibility with new SteamVR launch mechanism
- Added Steam icons for non-Viveport applications in Viveport Desktop Library
- Synchronized visual appearance between native and web views
- Improve update behavior
- Deprecated: Includes all changes in 1.0.8889.1060, except for an updated third party library which only became available after 1059 was built
- Fix corrupted display of Simplified Chinese characters
- Add subscription expiry date information to Vive Dashboard library
- Shutdown Viveport background services when not being used by Vive software
- Fix a bug when signing in to HTC account with IE 11 on Windows 10
- Support read/unread status for notifications
- Added an option to disable automatic background downloading of Vive software updates
- Improve Vive desktop content download stability
- Added diagnostic tool, accessed through the “Report Issue” button in the Settings menu in Viveport Desktop
- Check local system time is correct to avoid authentication and TLS errors
- Improve font consistency and size
- Improve the navigation experience between tabs
- Pause video in background tabs to improve Vive Desktop memory usage and responsiveness
- Improve the download remaining time calculation
- Update bundle to SteamVR 1493337050 for customers in China
- Improve notification function’s network efficiency
- Update library dependency list to prevent installation error
- Improve compatibility with anti-virus software (Global)
- Improve compatibility with anti-virus software
- Support notifications in Viveport
- Added buttons for “Release Notes” and “Troubleshooting” in the settings tab
- Support for 3D models and avatars
- Improve installer experience for customers who also use Viveport Arcade
- Improve installer experience for customers using languages other than English (CN)
- Improve library memory utilization
- Fix a potential crash issue in vive.exe
- Updated Google OAuth authentication flow
- Improve calculation of download speed
- Adjusted promotion panel size on HiDPI displays
- Smoother login for returning users: prompt to show previously used accounts.
- Resolve issue displaying messages in certain languages
- Internal improvements relating to disk access
- Improve download reliability in challenging network environments
- Korean language support
- Update the download speed indicator show speed more smoothly
- Various bug fixes
- Enable support for Viveport SDKs
- Enhance self update mechanism
- Fix issue launching some content from the system tray
- Support use of external camera to record VR play. More information at Mixed Reality Videos
- Fix issue that caused Windows to crash [BSOD] for some Norton 360 users
- Improve Library loading speed for customers with more than one hundred items in their Library
- Fix issue where some Library items would not show complete title, developer or thumbnail
- Several internal bug fixes
- Fix an issue that prevented some Windows 7 users from launching some content
- Changes to reduce chance of some types of Windows crash [BSOD]
- Support Android Auto Reconnect in Phone Service
- Update Phone Service component to version 126.96.36.199
These release notes will show recent releases. Viveport Desktop is rapidly evolving. To ensure you get the best VR experience available, please install all available updates when you are prompted.
If you find that your Viveport Desktop is a lower version number than those listed on this page, it is especially critical that you upgrade. To check your current Viveport Desktop version, open the “Settings” tab in Viveport Desktop on your PC. You can also download the latest Viveport Desktop package here.