How to Use Your Oculus Quest and Quest 2 with VIVEPORT Infinity
VIVEPORT is excited to welcome Oculus Quest owners to the VIVEPORT Infinity community!
Through Oculus Link, both Quest and Quest 2 owners can access hundreds of popular Oculus Rift/Rift S compatible games, apps, and videos for as little as $8.99 a month. From VR classics like Moss to new releases such as Gnomes & Goblins Infinity is your jumping-off point to discover your favorites and play them as much as you like at one low cost.
Check out our step-by-step guide below find out how to use your Quest or Quest 2 with VIVEPORT Infinity
Step One: Enabling 3rd party sources and setting up Oculus Link (Beta)
- Open the Oculus desktop app and navigate to Settings > General > Unknown Sources to enable 3rdparty sources
- Connect your Quest or Quest 2 to your PC via a compatible USB-C cable. The Oculus desktop app will detect that you’re plugging in a Quest or Quest 2 for the first time and will prompt you to set up your device.
- Click “Set Up” and follow the on-screen in instructions. You can also manually add your Quest or Quest 2 via the “Devices” tab at any time.
- Congrats! You are now able to play PCVR content on your Quest or Quest 2.
- In the future, when you connect your Quest or Quest 2 to your PC, within the headset, you will see a prompt asking you to enable Oculus Link (Beta).
- You must click “enable” in order to establish a link between your Quest or Quest 2 and your PC.
You can also enter Quest Link via the “Quick Actions”.
Step Two: Download VIVEPORT and Sign-In
Download the Viveport desktop app installer and launch it.
During Installation, you will be prompted to:
- Log into a VIVEPORT account (or create a new account if you’re joining us for the first time).
- Install SteamVR (this occurs automatically, but you may be asked to sign in to your Steam account). If you do not already have a Steam account, you will be required to create one).
- Launch VIVEPORT from the desktop shortcut.
- Sign-up and start your Infinity giving you to access hundreds of Oculus compatible desktop titles.
Step Three: Discover
From the VIVEPORT homepage, select “Oculus Series” to filter for Oculus compatible content. Now content is uploaded often.
Step Four: Play
Pick and play your favorites! Once you launch a game, SteamVR will launch as well, followed shortly by your selected application. Note that you’ll be able to launch content on your desktop with your mouse/keyboard. Browse our library, save your favorites, and play Infinity today!
*Please note that Oculus Link is still in beta. User-interface and features may change with future updates.