Virtual Space is a VR desktop application we built to provide a true VR Desktop experience to our users. We have finished our alpha version which enable our user to have a bigscreen media experience as well as a 360 video/photo player which allow users to play 180/360 VR contents. But it is still far from our vision of what a true next Gen VR Desktop should be. Therefore we need your feedback and support to help us build a true next gen desktop. Our dream is to one day transform the way you will interact with you personal computer and digital entertainment.
Even though this build is is still in its alpha state with basic functionalities, we have completed the core features which we believe will be valuable to enhance the current VR experiences. We have completed the following features for this early access build:
1. Displaying Windows Desktop in a VR environment.
2. Play game and watch movie in a virtual theater.
3. Stream 360 video directly from Youtube (No download, no wait)
4. Native 3D video player to play 3D video (side by side or over and under videos).
5. Native 360 video player to Play 180/360 degree video.
6. Native 360 Photo Gallery App to view 360 images
7. Beautiful Live VR environments.
8. Set custom VR environment using your own 360 images.
We are fixing any crash and bug we're encountering as we test it further, please do not hesitate to inform us of any bug/crashes.
Version 0.117 - VLC Player Plugin Update
virtual space development team here, we have just released our v0.117 update which contains VLC player plugin implementation. A big thanks to gmpreussner from Unreal and everyone who contributed to VLC player for making their work available to the public. This new plugin will enable a large number of media formats to be played by our player and no longer constrainted by unreal engine's internal media format limits.
Basically, most video files should work now, there's still encodings that's not supported yet, but we'll try to add support for those as we continue to improve and complete our app. Hope you guys will like this update, and it's a bit late, but Happy New Year :)
- Virtual Space Team